About Me

Blac Garner
I'm seven different people. Six of them are dope ass rappers.
www.twitter.com/TheRealMcNigger

Gideon Wildflower
Most would call me a writer.. but most don't know what the fuck they're talking about.
www.twitter.com/GideonWildflour

We are both @APurpleUnicorn .

Monday, November 15, 2010

Letter To A Child Born in Poverty but Made of Dreams

Dear Child Born in Poverty but Made of Dreams,

Be bold. Be selfish.
The road you have to travel will be difficult.
Because the path laid out for you it must be paved,
every single dusky red brick, by your own hand
And I wish that I could say you'll be better for the experience
I wish I could say the children you see that have things handed to them
are going to end up worse off
Because it would make you feel better
it would lessen the load off of your shoulders
But dear sweet child born in poverty but made of dreams
I cannot say for certain if that is so
All I can say with certainty is that
Your path will be so harsh
that
there will be times when you hate everyone for not caring
there will be times when you're hungry enough to sell yourself
there will be times when the world seems to laugh at every motion you make
that fights your own untimely demise
Sweet beautiful child born in poverty but made of dreams
the world will do it's best to break you
But you must fight
You must resist
Because you are
the world's only hope.

Sincerely,
Blac Garner

No comments:

Post a Comment